Key Carpet Corporation
hardwood Care & Maintenance
Learn more about the ins and outs of hardwood care with our guide!
DAILY hardwood CARE
Basic hardwood upkeep includes:
- Actively sweeping to remove dirt, dust, and other debris.
- Place mats at the entrances of your home. Do not use rubber mats as they could hard your hardwood.
- Clean up spills and messes as they occur. Use a damp cloth to blot spills and spots as soon as they happen. For tough spots, use acetone/nail polish remover on a clean white cloth, then wipe with a damp cloth.
- Encourage guests to remove their shoes before walking on your floors.
- Use floor protectors when moving furniture
Other Routine Hardwood Care Instructions
Hardwood care and maintenance are relatively simple. For spots such as candle wax or chewing gum, we recommend hardening the spot with ice and gently scraping with a plastic scraper, such as a credit card, as this can be effective. Be careful not to scratch your hardwood surface though. Generally speaking, spills are not much cause for concern so long as you address them quickly. Hardwood is durable and trends to live up to its name. If you take care of your hardwood, it will take care of you.
We do not recommend using a buffing machine on your hardwood floors.
Visit our store to shop our incredible selection of in-stock flooring options from all of your favorite brands like Mohawk, Shaw, and more!
We'll come directly to your home and provide you with a free on-the-spot flooring estimate. Trust Key Carpet Corporation for all your flooring needs!
SHOP IN STORE
Our sprawling Oak Lawn, IL, showroom has the flooring products you want and the knowledgeable staff to assist you with your major projects and renovations. Come see us today!